Saturday, August 27, 2016

Monthly ACTSA 1-4-1 Artist Trading Card Swap August

Enjoy the Journey


This was a fun ATC for me as I had never really embraced the steampunk look but I think I might have been missing out. Checked out Pinterest and Google then went looking for stamps. Was really surprised how many I found that was suitable and I had really not played with. Is this a sign I have far to many and should not be buying more? Don't really think that will happen. I started with a old piece of  background paper and tore it to fit a 31/2 X 21/2 piece of cardstock. Glued it down then coloured with distress inks. Stamped images from Stampers Anonymous Tiny Things and Ultimate Grunge  by Tim Holtz but it needed more so used an old stamp from Urban Stamps by Docraft called Chronology (cogs) and the small Eiffel tower by Justjohanna. The extra embellishments are from my stash and a Tim Holtz Game Spinner. The sentiment was computer generated.

Distress inks used:

Hickory Smoke
Brushed Corduroy
Vintage Photo
Old Paper
Antique Linen
Mustard Seed
Evergreen Bough

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Happy Birthday

Make a Wish

Have a lovely friend that just loves House Mouse Stamps by Stampendous so had to make a birthday card with this cute stamp. They are so much fun to colour and she loved it. The card base is light kraft that I adhered a piece of PP and some checked ribbon to. The coloured image was adhered to a piece of teal card stock and then I used dimensionless to add it to the card. The sentiment was computer generated and my medium to colour the image was copics.


Mice: W0,1,3,5,7,R000.
Hats: YG11,13,25,B23,24,R81,85.
Icecream: E27,47,49,R000.02,12,YR00.
Cone: E11,13,15.
Candles: C0.3.
Match: Y04,R14,E35,39.
Ground: E70,71,74.
Shadow: BG0000.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Gerda Steiner Monthly Challege

Swimming By To Say Hi

This lovely mermaid is this month beautiful image from Gerda Steiner designs for the monthly challenge. Gerda will send you the freebie every month if you join and buy the first one and make a card etc and link it to the challenge. A lovely way to add to your digi collection and her images are adorable. I enjoy making scenes and this one is maybe a little bit fussy but it was fun. The background is made by colouring water colour paper using distress inks then adding salt when it is still wet. The salt absorbs the moisture and you are left with this lovely mottled background. I used heavy cardstock on this card as I wanted a more spotty look. The mermaid and shells are coloured with copics and the seaweed and small fish are  from a stamp set by Kaiser called Mermaid tails. The shells are from two Darkroom Door sets called Seaside Vol 1 and Seaside Vol 2 and some extra seaweed from the Under the sea set. The sentiment was computer generated.

Hair: YR12,15,Y23.
Skin: E50,51,53,R20.
Tail: BG34,YG13,BV13,V20.
Top: BG000,02.
Starfish: E13,YR16.
Shells: Y23,38,YR02,04,12,14,15,24,,61,R30,E01,23.

I added clear Wink of Stella to her tail and the star fish then a layer of glossy accents to give them extra shine. I also used the glossy accents to create some bubbles. 

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Outlawz Monthly Progessive Challenge

The Lighthouse

This month the image for the challenge is this lovely lighthouse drawn by Laurian the Design Team Leader. I love the sea and had fun making this card. Recently bought a new die called waves, from Couture Creations, so this was the perfect time to try it out and I love the result. I printed the image twice, used one for a mask so I could distress ink the background then coloured it with copics. Cut the wave die and then used sections to frame the rocks, added white gel pen highlights and I had a nice stormy sea. The beams are white SU ink and the stars white gel pen.


Lighthouse: N1,3,5. R14.46. Y32.
Rocks: E53,55,57.

Monthly ACTSA 1-4-1 Artist Trading Card Swap

The Elegant 50's

The theme this month is the Elegant 50's and Dark Room door has this fabulous stamp set called Just My Style that is perfect for this era. I used water colour pencils for the image and distress inks for the background. The stamps I used on the background and the sentiment are from Just My Style and another great set called 1920's Chic, also from Dark Room Door. The Eiffel Tower stamp is an old one by Justjohanna. Had fun playing with the background and love the way it all turned out.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

On Line Class Heat Wave Day 3

Resist Day 3

Today there were some interesting embossing videos and I decided to case a technique and card by Kristina. I remember doing this years ago but this time I had a lot of trouble ironing of the embossing so I could stamp on top of it. Finally was happy enough with it to make a card but I think I will try another embossing powder next time to see if it makes it a bit easier. The background stamp is from Hero Arts called Dots Background and the sentiment from the Stampin Up set  Really Good Greetings. I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours to paint the background and the hearts were embossed with a coarse embossing enamel to give it a thick glossy finish. Added a few sequins to finish it of.

On Line Class Heat Wave Day 1

Heat Embossing 

Decided to do the embossing heat wave class with Kristina and Jennifer then realized I was away for all of it. I have been in Bali for 8 days and was so tired when I arrived home it has taken a couple of days to get motivated and to check out Day 1. Some great ideas and it's nice to revisit the tips and tricks of old favourites. Did manage to get a card done and used my new stamp set from the latest SSS kit. called Hand Written Floral Greetings. Stamped the background on watercolour paper, then the flower and extra leaves on another piece, and coloured them with distress inks. I then fussy cut them out and mounted some leaves and the flower to give the card dimension. The flower and the hello die from Kaiser is gold embossed and I also gold embossed the card base edges.